Wednesday 1 October 2008

sleepy head

I've been falling asleep early the last couple of nights (before midnight, thats early for me). This morning I overslept and only woke up when my phone rang at 6.35am (I usually get up at 5.50am). Its more than likely that this is at least in part due to the confused thoughts going round in my head.

At least one of you will be wondering why I have not been showing online when I said I would be. The answer is that I am confused at the moment as well as being asleep by the time I expect to chat to you.

Romeo has been in contact even if that was just one brief text telling me he has just returned from his trip to fat east. Nothing more than that so I am not best pleased with him. I desperately want him, he is my world apart from my family. I expect hes sleeping off his jet lag. But even so.
So right now I am feeling really low about him. I could text him but I figure he would have had enough text and emails waiting for hi from me for the moment.

Then just to confuse the issue theres now Paulo clouding things up. Paulo is a man I have got to know through work. I have been talking to him since the start of the year. I have enjoyed our chats but recently he has started to keep me chatting more and more. Until the conversation a couple of weeks ago led to us swapping personal email addresses. We swapped a couple of brief emails then nothing for over a week until Monday. He phoned me at work as he would normally do. He kept me on the phone for ages which was ok it was quiet. He insisted on giving me his mobile number. So later I text him that his goods would be delivered today.

When I had just arrived home he phoned me for half an hour, later in the evening he began emailing me (5 in an hour) then the text messages began followed by the invite to chat on msn. We chatted until I went upstairs to bed. As my laptop was warming up (it takes a good 15 minutes)I started falling asleep and it still wasnt midnight. As I was dropping off there were two photos hitting my mobile, I didn't reply too either message I was far too sleepy. Then I was woken by his call this morning. He left a very nice voice mail message because as I was peering bleary eyed at my phone to see that it was a call not the alarm I missed his call. At work today he phoned me not once or twice but about a half dozen times, finding excuses just to hear my voice. Apparently he thinks I have a very sexy voice, and I intrigue him. He thinks I am fun and always cheerful. I do not know what he looks like and he doesnt know what I look like. I don't even know how old he is, I suspect younger than me.

I have been enjoying his attention and he has cheered me up no end from my sadness over Romeo. I just wish that the attention I was getting from him was what I was getting from Romeo. I feel totally confused. I cant get Romeo out of my head or my heart, then along comes this guy who has everything going for him he could probably have any woman he wants but its me hes interested in and that is very flattering. He cheers me up but at the same time makes the situation with Romeo harder to work out.

So if you have been waiting to chat to me then I am sorry I have not been in the right mind set but we will chat again soon.

10 comments:

Grump said...

LIR I can see your situation. Half your luck really. I'm glad for you and hope you sort out your mixed emotions.
My advice would be to accept a dinner date with the work admirer as he isn't going to go away. At least then you will both know what you look like and how you react to each other.
Romeo should understand you having a dinner date, that's if you tell him.
cheers Mark x

CheekyDani said...

Lady you've been so patient for Romeo, I'm not surprised you're confused. I do hope he's been in touch again, I've travelled back and forth across the globe a load of times and there's never been a time I couldn't have made a quick call or sent a text or email to someone I cared about. Perhaps Grump is right, accepting a drink with Paulo is a good step forward on many fronts? x

Complex Girl said...

Hey Lady! I have missed soooo much! Have you actually met up in real life with Romeo now?! How exciting! What is it that keeps him so far away - even international workers get breaks. I hope he gets in touch soon and you can catch up again.
In the meantime, I think a dinner date would be acceptable to anybody.
Good luck!

nitebyrd said...

I guess you are in a sort of puzzling situation. Your heart wants Romeo but it feels negelected. Paolo is there to pay you attention but you're not sure. Maybe you're sleeping more because you can't reconcile it in the conscious state and are trying to do it in the subconscious.

Dark Side said...

You need one of these (((hugs))) much more then my pearls of wisdom

xx

Lady in red said...

Grump your advice has been noted at the moment its a waiting game.

Lady in red said...

Dani he can and did a couple of times but not enough for my liking

last time he was in far east we were exchanging naughty text while he was there, he upgraded his phone service especially

Lady in red said...

CG its good to see you back after your unintentional absence.

Yes I have met Romeo and it was as wonderful as I had hoped it would be. Being with him just felt so very very right.

Hmmm dinner date well I'm not sure a dinner invitation is what Paulo has in mind

Lady in red said...

nitebyrd yes it is very puzzling for me and even now as I ahve been answering these comments it is taking me ages because Paulo is chatting but I also keep dropping off for a couple of minutes

Lady in red said...

rae thanks yes hugs are much needed
thanks and hugs to you too with all the pain you have been going through