Monday 5 October 2009

how I told him ................'No'

I have given this much thought even before Tuesday evening when you mentioned a proposition. I know that if I were to decide to 'take the plunge' you would treat me exceptionally well and as you say we would have fun. But as you have rightly guessed this would be a path that I am not going to take. I have in the past been involved to a degree with married men as you know ie SL. But that was quite a while ago.

I learnt a few things from that, about myself as much as anything else. I learnt that the times that I feel the most lonely are weekends and holidays, the times when married men are busy with family. I also realised that being 'the other woman' is not what I want. Because I would much rather be 'The Woman' in my man's life. When I first agreed to meet a married man (I had originally said 'single men only') I managed to persuade myself that it was ok because the married man/men was/were already looking for fun anyway so why should I miss out because they are married. But my concience got the better of me. This/these man/men belonged to someone else. If I was with someone who started playing around with someone else I would be devastated (I do believe in fidelity) so I couldn't do it to someone else.

A few months ago I decided to try having an affair with a married man (a surgeon) but I only met him a few times before I had to call it off because it wasn't what I wanted. He was really sweet about it and said he wasn't suprised. I am really flattered that you want me so much even after so long. (I still don't get why me, even if I do know I am fabulous). What is it that you see in me that others don't?

Your plan as I said had at least 3 flaws that I spotted right away.

1. Yes I was busy (two boys moving out within a week)
2. Even my super powers don't help me to remember your address or how to get there (as I didn't drive there myself) after all this time.
3. Even if I was willing to make love to a married man I wouldn't do so in his marital home (his wife's home)...........last time I was mistakenly under the impression that you were seperated. (I get that it is convenient and more comfortable than an office or a car but to me it would be violating that woman's home).

I hope you can understand where I stand and why I can't take this path however tempting it would be. If I did agree to give it a try I would be letting myself down. This hasn't been a quick and easy decision, I have given it a lot of thought, weighing up the benefits against my ethics and find that I just can't break my own rules. However good it would be, it would be soured by my own inner conflict. I wouldn't be able to be completely relaxed. Furthermore it would get in the way of my ability to find 'Mr Right'. How could I look someone in the eye telling them that I believe in fidelity if I am or have been having an affair with a married man.

As you rightly say I do want our friendship to continue and I would hate to hurt your feelings, but I couldn't live with myself if I follow the path you want to take. I have a lot of respect for you, I treasure your friendship and enjoy our evenings together but I can't take it any further.

2 comments:

CheekyDani said...

Do we know "him"? Anyway good for you my dear, I think you've done the right thing x

Anonymous said...

I have read your blog for many times, and I think it very wonderful. I love some of your articles,
they are meaningfull.
And what do you think of
there are some shoes for your choose are good price
jordan shoes
jordan 11
air jordan 2009
air jordan 2010
jordan shoes
there are some shoes for your choose are good price
jordan 1
jordan 2
jordan 3
nike shoes are low price in here
jordan 4
jordan 5
jordan 6
Check Out! New Jordans Instock Now jordans for cheap $59 or 2pairs $99
jordan 7
jordan 8
jordan 9
a professional website for Cheap air Jordan Shoes and Cheap Nike Shoes
jordan 10
jordan 12
jordan 13
jordan 6 rings
a wide variety of athletic shoes including basketball shoes, jordan shoes, running shoes and casual shoes.
jordan fusions
air jordans shoes
nike air max
wholesale are nike shoes are air max shoes
airmax 360
airmax 90
airmax 95
airmax 97
airmax ltd
and the michael jordan shoes jump man 23
micheal jordan
jumpman23