Thursday 22 January 2009

stepping out

It felt so good to step out of the soft brown skirt, roll down those shimery sleek stockings, slip into soft warm cotton pyjamas, climb into bed snuggled under my warm cosy duvet laying my head upon welcoming pillows and know that it is still daylight outside. It was still another 3 hours before I should have left my desk only to get stuck in traffic on rain soaked roads and yet here I was already, home, warm and comfortable on this impromtu afternoon off from work. Armed with my radio, a book my laptop, box of tissues, cough medicine and not forgetting the elicit bar of chocolate, what more could a middle aged, single mother of four want??? .....................................

3 comments:

nitebyrd said...

That sounds like heaven, even with a cold!

Dark Side said...

Sounds just like the benylin advert minus the dog....afternoon sleeps, so naughty but nice!..xx

CheekyDani said...

Despite that you were ill, I almost envy you! Good for you honey x