Saturday 4 April 2009

All dressed up

On thursday evening it was parents evening at college again. This time I was accompanied by OJ. As expected all his tutors are pleased with him and he already has 4 A's in the bag even before he takes his final exams. Between appointments we were discussing his choice of University. He still feels that he would like to go to Warwick as he knows it has a very good reputation and he did like it there, but he thinks he will probably go to Surrey. Surrey offers scholarships and if certain grades are reached the scholarships are doubled. As he knows he has already exceeded the required grades he believes that financially he will be better off going there. As my mum said when I told her this today.......'OJ always has the £ at the front of his mind'. He also said that as Surrey is closer to London he would be able to watch his favourite football team West Ham Utd. Personally I don't think this is a good reason as if he was at Warwick he could watch them at all the teams they play in the Midlands (and probably cheaper).



Tonight I had decided that I would suprise Plumber and go to a gig he was working at. He had told me last night that he would like me to go as he would like to see me. I only said I would think about it. But just as I was ready to go he came online asking if I had got his text. I then realised I had left my phone in my car earlier. It turns out that the gig was cancelled as the drummer injured his back last week and although they thought he would be able to play tonight his back is worse than they thought he might not be able to play again poor man.



I asked Plumber if he fancied meeting for a drink instead. But he has decided to have an early night as he has been working today. I noticed that one of the other guys I chat to was online, he said he wants to go to our view point on Monday eve but hes too tired tonight. Men!!! they have no stamina.



So here I am on a Saturday evening all dressed up with nowhere to go. I have messaged Golf asking him where he is when a girl needs to be rescued. I did consider asking Kama if he wants to meet up but by the time I thought about it I decided it was too late in the evening. Unlike Golf he doesn't seem to like spontaneous plans.



I think I shall do some work on my project instead.

Earlier I bought a few things to help get my garden project started. DC has promised to help me tomorrow. I have already sprayed the nettles with weed killer. I have a new hedge trimmer so that should sort out the brambles as well as the hedge in the front garden. I also have a shiny new spade for when we are ready to start digging up the garden. I also had a look at paving slabs and gravel I think that is the way I shall go.

3 comments:

DJ Kirkby said...

OJ is doing fab! Well done him. We are going to spend the day in our garden too. We need to get the seeds planted in their little pots and might as well do it in the sunshine eh?

Trixie said...

I think I'm getting confused which blogs to read as you are on which blog to post on, lol!

Fat Controller said...

Great picture!