Wednesday 16 April 2008

well I never!!


I must have led a very sheltered life. I really had no idea how much you could do with them. I thought there was only one use for them but now I know differently. It certainly was an education for me. Over the course of an hour and a half I held and stroked so many different ones. The first one she placed in my hand I was pleasantly surprised at how soft yet rigid it felt and I could wrap my fingers around its girth and squeeze so easily but without it losing its shape.

Apart from the different things they can do I also discovered that although they are all basically the same shape they come in a variety of lengths ranging from 2” to 15” but the majority were 4”, 6”,7” or 9” a few were 10” or 12” but it was rare to find one that was a whopping 15”. Mostly they were about 1.75” at the core but some were thinner just 1.5”.although some were more padded than others. There were all shades of white, off white, cream, yellow, orange, pink , a few were grey and one was blue!!
Many had lines on them either blue or more often red or pink but some had spots. Some were furry but most were smooth, but all were soft to the touch, some grew hotter than others to the touch as I held them in my hand. Did you know that some have spikes on them too? But I only saw one like that (it was very white, I don’t think it is very popular, apparently best used for rolling on the floor).

So now I would like your opinion, is 9" better than 4" or do you prefer 6" or 7" maybe you like the bigger 15" ones.



VBF just incase you are still none the wiser these are paint roller refills. I'm not sure if you are aware that I work for a wholesale company that sells painting and decorating equipment in the UK.

Well done to those of you who did work it out even if it wasn't immediately obvious to anyone except Nitebyrd.

15 comments:

Dark Side said...

I am sure I will make a fool of myself because this is obviously not what I am thinking, but good and hard does me no matter what the size..lol...xx

Lady in red said...

lol @ emma so are you saying size doesn't matter?

Utter Basketcase said...

Is this about your shoe fetish Missy? *GiGGLeS*

Those Spiky shoes are great for booting people up the arse! :-P

Step away from the shoes before you go on a silly spending spree! :-P xx

Lady in red said...

vbf!!! I know my feet are small but not that small

LiR shakes head and giggles

Jeff B said...

You sounded confident that I would know exactly what you were describing, but alas, I can not think of a bloody thing.

Damn it Jim.

Jeff B said...

PING!!!

The light bulb just went on.

I actually use one that is 18 inches! It takes a little getting used to but boy does it ever get the job done.

They usually don't heat up in my hand like they did for you, but then again I probably wasn't stroking it properly.

In my line of work I typically use the one that is shed resistant and comes with a 3/8" fuzz to it.

Keeping it wrapped in plastic will extend the life of it too. I suppose you could use latex, but spreading oil with it gives a much better result.

I can honestly say that I'll never look at one of these quite the same again!

Lady in red said...

lmao now you know why I was certain you would know.

of course I could have gone into more detail about depth of pile, flock,foam,nylon, thermo fused, synthetic sheepskin etc but why spoil the fun

Utter Basketcase said...

OMFG YOU GUYS!!!!

WHAT IS IT?????????????????????

!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL This is killing me ffs!

A lighter? xx

Utter Basketcase said...

I've got a collection of spotty and fuzzy lighters? With lines and stuff in all different sizes? And it gets pretty hot in the hand?

*sigh* It's not a lighter is it ffs! :-(

Fat Controller said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Fat Controller said...

A hamster?????



No, seriously, I have a big, thick hairy one but I have heard that one of a more moderate size is more handy for squeezing into tight crevices. It can get very sticky and messy if you're over-enthusiastic and get careless.

Heather and I have enjoyed using one in several rooms of the house and also at our place of work, not to mention the summerhouse of course! But never in the bedroom, much to her disgust.

I must admit I also did it with my mate Brian once, but that's another story.

Lady in red said...

you guys crack me up you are so funny and VBF no it isn't lighters althogh maybe thats an idea for another post.

FC not hamsters either although some could possibly be hamster coloured bu not the blue ones unless the little creature was lef at your summer house in the winter.

nitebyrd said...

Mulder and I were rolling around last night with one about 7". It did a really good job getting into all the nooks and crannys. And how much it covered in one stroke! It had minimal fuzz and was a breeze to clean when we were finished. Both of use were astounded at the climax and how well the bathroom looked after we completed the task with a .... wait for it ...



PAINT ROLLER!?!

Dazzed and Confused said...

The answer just popped into my head last night as I was walking the dogs. I had already turned off this magic box or I would have let you know then. As for the answer, I believe some others have covered it quite well.

Utter Basketcase said...

HA!!!! You sneaky sneaky thing!!!

You know whats REALLY embarrassing?

When I first saw the pictures I thought they were TWINKIES!!!!

LMFAO! Thanks for clearing it up for me!!!

AT LAST! I can SLEEP AT NIGHT!!! :-) *GiGGLeS* xx