Sunday 6 April 2008

typical

hiya

hello you

hows you?

fine and you ?

crap..............hows your love life?

my love life is fine thank you

oh so hes back then

no hes still away

hes stringing you along I don't trust him

well I do and he makes me happy


-----------------------------------------------


how are you today?

I'm fine how are you?

has he come home yet?

no hes still away ;-(

he will be back soon though won't he ?

He should be back for a week to 10 days soon

thats good you can see him then..................don't worry I am sure it will all work out for you both

I know it will, we both make each other happy


these were two typical conversations that I keep having recently, no prizes for guessing which of the two conversations are primarily with other women and which with male friends.

another variation being

hiya

hi

hows you?

happy

so you are getting lots of sex then?

no
but I am happy nonetheless I don't need sex to be happy that is just the icing on the cake

do you want to come here for a bit if you are frustrated

thanks for the offer but no thanks

why do men feel that I have to be having sex to be happy?
I may not have met Romeo yet but we are getting to know each other intimately, we can and do turn each other on regularly. We don't need to be crass, we don't need to be explicit, we can tease each other. We can encourage each other, we can be there for one another. we can be everything for each other whilst still being in different countries. I cannot imagine not having him in my life although sometimes it feels as though our relationship will be a virtual relationship forever more. But I know this is not the case, I know we will meet very soon and when we do it will be like coming home at last, not just for him but for both of us.

I think the reaction that my male friends have to my relationship with Romeo has more to do with them than him. He lives and works in a world that very few people I know could ever hope to understand as it is so very different to what most of us can comprehend. Yes I did struggle with it the first time I didn't hear from him for a few days. He had warned me in advance that this is what his life is like. He had warned me that if I don't hear from him I shouldn't think he has gone off me. But still I worried about it, I was swinging from thinking he had ditched me to trying to believe in him. Then I made the decision to trust him. What have I got to lose by trusting him. He isn't after my money, he knows I don't have any. He may be after my body, well if thats the case then great because I am after his. Just thinking about him makes me wriggle and squirm with lust for him. There is nothing he could possibly want from me that I wouldn't happily give him.

My colleague said on Friday that I shouldn't worry that I might not be good enough for Romeo (Ok I might have done for a while but not now). But maybe he won't hit the mark for me. He commented that I have got a lot riding on this working with Romeo. My theory is that it will never work if I am not positive about it so I am giving it 95% of my trust and reserving 5% for caution.

This is not a conventional relationship, we are learning about each other from the inside out. It started with a mental connection, for me the physical attraction didn't come until later as I resisted the temptation to see a picture of him for several weeks until we both knew that we wanted there to be an 'us'. We both like what we see. We both like the person we are getting to know. We have not gone down the road of likes and dislikes, it doesn't matter to me if he prefers tea or coffee. It is more important that we both feel like teenagers, we cannot go to bed without making contact or else feel as though we ahve lost an arm each. He loves my open honesty, I love his generous spirit, he thinks I am a strong woman, I think he is a very caring man. I won't go into everything we have learnt about each other.

Our phone calls are so very dear to me, just hearing his gentle voice has me melting, he likes to hear me squeal with delight at some suggestion he makes. If it wasn't for these calls then maybe I would be more cynical about all this, but the calls make everything so much more real. He isn't just someone hiding behind a computer screen he is real, he is gentle and sexy and everything I know him to be.

3 comments:

Wild Cat said...

As long as you are happy, it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks x x x

Lady in red said...

thanx Cat it just amazes me that virtually every male friend has the same reaction. They all thenk he is not to be trusted.

I don't care as I know what I believe I just find it so frustrating that they have this attitude.

why can my female friends be happy for me but not my male friends.

Dark Side said...

The problem is men think all men think like them, thankfully there are a few who don't, hopefully you have found one of the latter..

If feels right do it, thats my motto, lifes to short...xx