Thursday 26 June 2008

straight forward?

Tonight was the first of my two nights out.


I had my outfit picked out and hanging on my wardrobe door. I planned to leave work on time for a change (4.30pm) managed to leave at 4.45pm.


Almost home when I get the phone call (hands free kit comes in handy sometimes). It just so happens that OJ has a job interview for a call centre in one of the business estates outside town. His dad had arranged the appointment for him at 7pm because he thinks I would prefer not to rush out as soon as I get home. But because I was already going out I asked DC to take OJ, he said he could take him but not bring him back. So today I got OJ to give me SF's phone number and I rang him from work to see if we could get OJ's appointment brought forward. (SF has told me for months that the screen on his phone is broken and he cant read numbers on it but he knows how far to scroll to call the boys. I thought it would be safe to phone him from my work phone He only rang me back twice!!!!!!) During the afternoon it has been arranged that OJ's appointment is brought forward to 5.30pm


The call while I am driving is to tell me that DC (who finished work at 4pm today) still isn't home. I try to phone DC but no answer. So I tell OJ if he is quick I will take him but DC will have to collect him. Having dropped him off I then join the queues of traffic I had avoided by getting home earlier.


Getting into the shower is such a relief, quickly dressing, decide that I don't like the top I have chosen to go with the skirt. So I end up ironing the same top I wore last year. (why did it need ironing again? it has been hanging up with the clothes I dont wear often, for months). OJ phones to say he has finished can I go get him. I am stood at the ironing board, my hair needs drying I dont have any make up on and my mum is due to pick me up in 15 minutes.


First I call mother tell her I will make my own way, then I dry my hair, apply make up, just cleaning teeth when I get a phone call. It's Orange asking me about my land line changing provider or being cut off. I tell her that its my fault I should have told them by now that I ahve changed broadband provider. She wants to put me through to the cancellation department. I tell her I don't have time. I find myself listening to their canned music while I get more and more impatient. when she comes back I tell her I don't ahve time can I do this another day. But she is adamant it must be now. I start talking to Mark he puts me on hold while he checks something. Fingers tapping, toes tapping this is not good!!!!!

Finally everything is fine I have had my account closed I don't need to do anything else. thank Fuck for that.


finally I am ready to leave just need to fetch OJ first, I have been phoning DC on and off for the last hour but got no response. Just as I was walking down the path towards my car I saw DC's car go past. He had picked up OJ but neither of them ahd thought to let me know grrrrrrrrrr.


At dinner I find myself sat next to a local councilor, mother is sat next to the Lady Mayoress. The evening was like most of these events pleasant and at times funny, but I was tired. the after dinner entertainer was Shep Wooley.



When I got home I found an email from LV, I had challenged him to do the Meme that I did last week. here is his reply.



LV - MeMe Sunday 22nd


1. What was I doing ten years ago?
Enjoying Full Time job after 4 years unemployment, due at the time to my 3rd redundancy

2. What are five things on my list to do today?
Get up – eventually
Weekly shop – Morrisons
Watch French GP on TV
Apply weedkiller / feed to front and back lawn
A little bit of ironing


3. Snacks I enjoy?
Doritos
Marmite Rice Cakes
Apples
Penguins
Yorkie


4. Things I Would Do If I Were A Billionaire?
Oh I would enjoy life without ever asking the price



5. Three of my bad habits?
Impatience
Don’t suffer fools gladly – I’m told it shows
Enjoy snacks too much !


6. Five places I have lived?

a) Bitterne, Southampton. My school years Extensive views of all the Great Liners of the 50s and 60s in the docks

b) West End Southampton. Moved the week Neil Armstrong walked on the moon. We’re moving out to the sticks my father said, it will be so quiet. Within 6 years the M27 was built a few hundred yards away, along with the biggest Sainsburys / Marks and Spencer retail complex in the country at the time.
c) London N7 for a year at college. Hall of residence was 3 old houses in Carleton Rd – across the road the view was the high rear wall of Holloway prison. It changed a bit a few years later with major redevelopment . The wall is further back and they have built flats there. Google Earth it to check!

d) Hythe Hampshire – to be closer to pl;ace of work. Made redundant 3 months later !

e) Totton Southampton – 4 different addresses over last 20 years.


7. Five jobs I've had?

a) Rubber Technologist

b) Nuclearpharmaceuticals Logistics Assistant

c) UK Sales Manager for Waste Management Company

d) Technical Sales Manager – Powder Coating
e) Assistant to Company Buyer





3 comments:

Fat Controller said...

Lady: You have got to be joking!!! We lived in Carleton Road too!!!! This was in the winter of 78-79 when we were poor students. Did you ever drink in 'The Admiral Mann' off Brecknock Road? It used to be our regular watering hole.

I've also worked in Bitterne on occasions. I always enjoyed being sent there

Lady in red said...

FC this wasn't me!! it was LV who lived in those places.

if you are not sure who LV is check out this post http://mrsexyblueeyes.blogspot.com/2008/05/real-life-readers.html

Fat Controller said...

My bad! Just didn't read it properly!