Tuesday 22 July 2008

friends who used to fuck

I was just reading a comment on catz blog, saying that in time she and S will become 'friends who used to fuck'. This got me thinking about Forest.

I am not sure how I would feel if I were to find myself in the same place as Forest but we are friends again so I guess that we are now 'friends who used to fuck'. From time to time we chat on IM just like we did before we met. One evening last week he was online before me. But before he signed out he said hello to me.

'hi, I couldn't sign out without saying hi'

Which I thought was very sweet of him. We chatted for a while which was good. In about 10 days time it will be a year since I last saw Forest although it was over a month later when we had our bust up. I will never forget that last time we were together.

7 comments:

nitebyrd said...

Sometimes, LIR, the friendship is better than the fucking. It might not be with you and Forest but I still think that your friendship is something good.

Lady in red said...

nitebyrd when we were fucking I missed the friendship we had had before sex got in the way.

Sex is about the only subject we don't talk about anymore, but that may change at some point in the future.

besides it was when I was fucking forest that I realised I only wanted to be a one man woman which has led to me finding Romeo and by the tone of recent conversations he is on the same wave length as me when it comes to sex.

Joanna Cake said...

I think that if you have been really close to someone and formed a connection, it should be possible to maintain that intimacy, even if it's no longer physical.

Anonymous said...

You have done really well to maintain the friendship considering - i think most people would have parted ways totally. And if sex is the only conversation you avoid so be it. Is it really nearly a year since all the grief? We all hope that R really works out for you and that the two of you fly and explode some fireworks... Charlie xx

Lady in red said...

Cake I am still friends with several former lovers. But it was the way that things ended with Forest that causes me to marvel that we can still be friends. Perhaps it is because we were friends for much longer than we were lovers, that the friendship survived the drama.

Lady in red said...

Charlie, it really is nearly a year since the drama of last summer. Thanks for your kind wishes as far as my relationship with R goes.

JW said...

It's always nice if a friendship can survive the introduction of sex. It's not always easy though, is it? As soon as we take the step from friends to lovers (on whatever basis), something changes; it can be hard to step back.

I must admit that, with the best will in the world, I've not managed to stay friends with old lovers. Of course, now I'm in a(nother) committed relationship, I rather hope the question's not going to arise again!

The best of luck to you!