Saturday 12 July 2008

Romeo Romeo where fore art thou

In the beginning I was waxing lyrical about Romeo a lot, but gradually this dwindled. You might be forgiven for thinking that things had cooled down between us. I am sure you think my feelings for him and vice versa have lessened during the intervening months. But on the contrary we both feel as strongly as ever that we want to meet.

In the first few months I found it very hard when I didn't hear from Romeo for a week or so, as I had become used to receiving text messages emails and phone calls almost every day. Soon we were chatting nightly on msn, but there were times when these texts and chats were absent from my day. I struggled some of the time wondering where he was, telling myself not to worry because I knew that I would hear from him as soon as he was able. Then each time when I was beginning to despair, I would get a text apologising, he had just returned from wherever.

Each time he went away it got a little easier to believe that I would hear from him again. Each time he came back my belief in him grew. I am certain that in all these months his belief and trust in me has been total. As the weeks passed we were becoming closer and closer although we were both frustrated that we were not getting any nearer meeting. He never seemed to get the chance to be at home. whenever he was in the UK it seemed to be between flights.

Then at the end of April I didn't hear from him for a week at which time I got a text apologising but he was ill. It was another week before I got another text from him again apolgising and saying it was the first time his head had begun to clear. Another week later he finally text that he was starting to get better. Now during this time my belief in him did waver, after all if I was ill I would have wanted contact with the person I had feelings for, if for no other reason than to cheer me up a little. I found his lack of communication during this time hard to comprehend.

Once he recovered from his illness which had not only left him very week but also depressed, he was playing catch up with his work. He was soon jetting off to places as far apart as Malasia and Iceland. I requested that he tell me where he was going rather than where he had been. This he has been doing since then. But still his communication was limited in the most part to just one text at a time. I was not the least bit worried that he didn't have feelings towards me, but I was feeling neglected. This was not the kind of relationship I had envisaged having. I felt that I was giving everything but receiving little. I do understand how hard he works and how tired he gets but this was not enough for me.

I had to do something, I had to make a decision, I could not carry on indefinitely like this. I could say, this is it, end of the line, good bye. But I didn't, what I did do was to send him an email telling him how neglected I feel and that I am going to allow myself to accept dates with other men whilst I am waiting for him.

Much to my surprise since then I have heard from him at least once everyday even though he went to Thailand on Tuesday. He text me then phoned on Monday (the first phone call for what seems like months). During that phone call we both said a lot of things, but he made it very clear that he doesn't want to lose me. He isn't interested in even exchanging emails with any other woman, it is me he wants by his side. After this trip he doesn't have any more long trips in his diary at the moment. (I told him to hide his diary). He is hoping that we will finally manage to spend some time together in the next couple of weeks. Whilst he has been away he has emailed me every day and even text me whilst I was at the Festival on Friday.

So no my feelings for Romeo have not waned. I am as besotted with this man, who I have never met in person, as I was in the beginning, and I know he feels the same.

'A thought to cherish and know the reality will exceed all expectations and desires.'

So I am afraid you will still be reading about Romeo for a while longer.

15 comments:

Annie Wan said...

oh bring them on - talk about romeo i mean

Lady in red said...

mei as i have said before ...be careful what you wish for...if we are going to be spending hours travelling together soon you might get fed up of hearing about him lmao

Annie Wan said...

ok you're on - don't forget i already play agony aunt to my friend maria who emails me the emails and chats and profiles of her fishies in the sea and cathy who has fbs and all sorts at her beck and call. i just listen to these girls and give them my unvarnished opinion or just listen sometimes because sometimes words fail me ...

Lady in red said...

lol it is usually either trixi or bb who get the frantic text or email from me.....trixi was there during the Forest saga and bb has been getting the romeo saga lol but it works both ways especially as I knew the man bb was involved with.

I love the

'sometimes words fail me ...'

Lady in red said...

just an example ....his first text today (it seems that he has managed to ugrade his phone ~ strangely I could text thailand but not geurnsey today).

hiya sitting in hotel drinking champagne. start return journey late tonight. speak soon romeo xxxxxxxxx

Annie Wan said...

this sounds verrrry promising ...

Dark Side said...

I am really pleased for you, it's amazing how they jump when you tell them your running away...MM has been in touch everyday since I binned him...xx

Anonymous said...

was wondering what was happening between you and R, but with being out of touch did not really like to ask. Hope you finally meet up and it is worth it. Charlie x

Anonymous said...

You poor, deluded, woman.

JW said...

I'm so keeping my fingers crossed for you ...

Mind you, in my experience it'll be dynamite. Then you just have to figure out what follows the explosion!

Lady in red said...

wow Charlie you came back....its always good to se you.

He is making more effort now, so it looks like things are moving along for us.

Lady in red said...

anon thanks for dropping by

Lady in red said...

Ro for some reason I always feel surprised to see a comment from you but thanks for keeping your fingers crossed.

If Romeo and I can have the kind of relationship you have with your beloved I shall be happy.

Whilst fireworks and explosions would be good I'm not expecting that but I get the impression R is.

Joanna Cake said...

Some weeks ago, you wrote a piece on giving Aquarians space. Ruf was behaving rather similarly to Romeo in terms of not keeping in contact and I was feeling incredibly insecure.

I took your advice to heart, but when I next visited, I also told him how neglected I felt when I didnt hear from him and, lo and behold, during this break in proceedings, he has been much more communicative :)

Sometimes we need to try to understand the way they tick and they just need to be given a clue about how our minds work and then they will make an effort to at least meet us half way x

Lady in red said...

cake I am so glad I could be of some help to you, I had to really think then which post you meant but I remember now it was about Leos and Aquarians.

Romeo has become much more attentive since I told him I was feeling neglected. I have always tried to remind myself that when I don't hear from him it isn't because he doesn't care but because he is engrossed in his work.