Monday 27 November 2006

more than a holiday romance

After my disasterous relationships with both M and A, I needed a holiday. I found a cheap coach holiday to Austria. On the day of departure my mother accompanied me to the coach stop, when the coach arrived she told the driver to look after me!! To cut a long story short he did.
by the time I returned home we were having an affair...only I didn't realise he was still married.
After my holiday we met up a few times when he was home for few days in between trips. After a couple of months of meeting in london and staying in very seedy hotels, C told me that he wanted me to have his child. He had lost contact with his daughter after his first marriage had ended.
One weekend while he was away I had gone with my parents to visit my grandparents in the new forest. Whilst we were there I got a phone call. this was very strange as no one knew where I was and certainly didn't know the number. (Before we all had mobiles). When I went to the phone it was an hysterical older woman telling me that she was C's 2nd wife. this was the start of a very nasty hate campaign by this woman and her grown up daughter. It turned out that she had found my number in his case (they were still married...he had lied). She had called my home where my brother had answered...he thought that she was C's mother and something had happened to him so gave her my grandparents number.
For months after this I was getting hate calls day and night.....my telephone calls at work had to be screened to prevent her or her daughter getting through to me. At home my father who worked for BT customer complaints would pretend to be the operator screening all calls from unknown numbers. They were phoning all through the day and the night pretending to be other people then screaming abuse at me. C was 14 yrs older than me and his (crazy and suicidal) wife was 14 yrs older than him.
A few times he left her and came to stay with me.....but each time she would either take an overdose or cut her wrists then he would go back to her.
Then finally he left his job came to me and we found a bed sit to rent for 3 months so we could live together and he would look for a driving job. Everything was fine I would come home from work to find a nice meal ready for me and life was lovely except that he was getting bored as he knew no one except me. Then he came up with the idea of going to east anglia to work for a friend as a taxi driver each week and coming back at weekends. So off he went on monday morning and on friday I waited for him to return..he didn't. There was no word from him at all, but I refused to get upset until I knew what had happened. Days then weeks and months went by and still nothing. I did get a call at work from Salvatoin Army claiming to be looking for him on behalf of his wife who was in hospital yet again!!!
I kept all this locked inside me until I was on the verge of a breakdown. I had to leave my job as I could no longer do my work (mistakes were getting worse and more frequent).
After a while I got a job working in a local hotel as a receptionist (I loved that job). One afternoon I was walking home after finishing an early shift and popped into the local supermarket. As I came out there was C waiting for me. I was so shocked it had been 11 months since he had disappeared.
We went for a drink then I threw up from the shock of him being back. He hadn't gone to East Anglia at all, his wife had been in hospital and he went to visit her and ended up staying. We started seeing each other again but this time we were going to set up home nearer to where he lived about 2 hours drive away. I went for a job at his local airport, we used to spend weekends staying with friends of his. Then I became pregnant, he said he was going to decorate the flat for his mrs then would leave her for good and we could be together. I had a miscarriage at 10 weeks, I left a message for him with his younger step daughter who I was on friendly terms with. That was the end, I had lost his baby so all plans were dropped. A couple of months later I got a message saying he wanted me to go stay with his stepdaughter so he could see me and we could talk. I did go and when I was there it was his wife not him who arrived......she was not as bad in person as she had been on the phone. Next day he turned up and I just threw up everywhere.....I vowed never to see him again after that.
I had been very much in love with C, but enough was enough!!!

No comments: