Tuesday 11 March 2008

From Oncology to Oxford in one day

today I am feeling much happier in myself

my appointment at the clinic went well except that I have to go back in 12 months time. when I came out of the hospital I had a text from DC 'final written warning' so that was a relief he still has a job but for how long until he does something stupid again. OJ has been to see about Universities, he has brought home a stack of prospectus's including the one for Oxford which is where he is now aiming for.

I had a long chat with my mum this morning and saw her again later while she talked to OJ about Oxford and the possibility of him going into law, He is thinking of becomong a Barrister. As my mother knows some Barristers she will contact them to see if she can arrange a visit to their chambers.

During the afternoon I saw an Angel shopping in Asda. Yes thats right I did say Angel, she is a retired lady who I knew from my previous work. Three christmases ago whilst I was going through the nightmare of my divorce I had no money to buy presents for my boys. OJ lent me £100 from his savings to buy presents, but before I could even buy one my purse was stolen from my bag. The police think it was a gang of Romanian's, I mentioned it next day at work to warn my collegues. Next day this Angel who was semi retired and lived alone left an envelope on my desk, containing £40 and a note telling me to use it on the boys and to only pay it back as and when I could, she was only sorry it wasn't more. I mentioned it today after we had caught up with each other's news. She told me that the money hadn't mattered to her. (I had paid it back as soon as I could). but to me it was so overwhelming that she would do that me me and my boys.

I have not heard from Romeo, but I am alright about that today. Having agonised yesterday over whether I should still send him text and emails today I sent hima lovely light hearted email telling him all my good news. After all before he went away he had warned me that there would be times when he couldn't contact me but that I should still send him text and emails which he would pick up when he could.

2 comments:

Wild Cat said...

Glad it went well at the hospital x x

Hope Romeo gets in touch soon

Wild Cat said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.