Thursday 4 October 2007

aching

submerging into the soft white bubbles
the warm water feels so good
but before long the unyeilding hardness
becomes too much for these aching limbs to bear.
Standing now under the cascade of hot water
massaging the shampoo into my hair
knowing that these trembling legs
won't be able to stand for long
wrapping the soft creammy towel
around my wet flesh
crawling back to my bed
where my pillow feels like concrete
to my tender face
my bruised and battered bones feeling
every lump and bump in the mattress
if only a deep sleep would come
but each time I drift off it is to thoughts
of titles for stories or for part numbers
that are a large part of my working day
my glands seemingly like peach stones
painfully keeping sleep at bay
at least now the general ache in my
arms and legs has lessened
but still my hips and upper thighs
take on the agony of a good kicking
still maybe soon I shall find
relief in a deep slumber

6 comments:

cheekyfaces said...

Sound like you're having a bad time, hope you feel better soon chick ok ***HUGS***

Fire Byrd said...

OOOOOHHH hope you feel better soon hon! Is it post gym or flu?
pxx

George said...

Nice one LiR. A writing assignment from school or you're just finding your creative juices flowing

Vi said...

Gell well soon sweetie x

Casdok said...

Healing thoughts coming your way...

Lady in red said...

cheekyfaces, pixie, vi and casdok thanks I am feeling much better now but still not right. finally managed to get some sleep last night after taking one of my migraine tablets.

George what can I say!! no this was not a writing assessment just an expression of how I was feeling for 36 hours