Friday 5 October 2007

lessons not learnt

when first we met I thought you were a dream come true. you put your arm across my shoulder and kissed me as we stood at the bar ordering our first drinks. finding a table in a quiet corner we chatted. You pulled me close and kissed me again. the pub was filling up with youngsters loud and boisterous. we walked through the town to another pub. we found a table by the window. As we continued chatting and kissing I spotted a friend of my husband's watching us. I didn't care. You were everything I had hoped for. You said you would like me to be your girlfriend. By the end of the evening I was practically sitting in your lap. All too soon it was time to get you back to the station to catch the last train home. During the next week we plotted and planned what we would do at the weekend. we both searched the net for a b&b for you to stay at. we had a good time that following weekend. soon I was making regular trips to visit you at your flat. We became lovers, you were my first new lover for 20 years. I could spend hours listening to you talk, especially about your passions (your son and your favourite music). I melted when you touched me but when you kissed me I just wanted to be one with you. That feeling was so good. I hadn't realised anyone could make me feel like that. As the weeks went by you would try to prove to me that I meant more to you than just sex. Now I know that, that is all I was to you, sex !! otherwise you would not have gone off and met another woman within weeks. I now know that I was stupid to let you keep coming back to me every few weeks when you were fed up with her. If it was me you really wanted which you always said I was.........you would not have kept going off with her.

I thought you had taught me a lesson..............not to give away my heart too easily, I now know that I had not learnt that lesson so well as I did it again this year.

3 comments:

George said...

I thnik you learned your lesson the way most of us do. Unfortunately, we can't completely control our hearts and emotions and we do end up falling for the wrong one again ... we have no control over who we fall in love with ... just my opinion sweetie

Casdok said...

Love has a mind of its own.
And you are human, dont be to hard on yourself.

Dark Side said...

AW LiR we all do it babe when we least expect it....don't blame yourself your worth more..xx