Monday 1 October 2007

evil man !!

today I went back to the gym.....I hadn't been since thursday. I had intended to go on saturday but was too ill with my headache. I was feeling better yesterday and did think about going but decided it was probably best to leave it until today. This was not a case of putting off today what I can leave until tomorrow. I knew I would be put through my paces today so thought it best to save myself until then.

3.30pm was the time of my appointment..........I left work a little later than normal and arrived at 3.20pm I told the girl on reception that I was meeting PT. once I was changed into my shorts t-shirt and trainers I wandered out of the changingroom deciding that as the small gym was empty I would just hop onto the weighing scales before making my way back downstairs. there was PT wandering around moving equipment I asked if he was my PT it turned out that he was. we sat on the black leather sofas discussing what I want to achieve. we started with some cardio excercise on the treadmill.......I thought I had been working quite hard on there upping the speed and incline each time. But PT made me work even harder. he kept producing this sheet with levels of fair, fairly hard, quite hard, hard and very hard. (keep your minds out of the gutter this is serious). he kept changing the speed and asking if it was quite hard or hard. after 6 minutes of quite hard I had to do 2 minutes of hard followed by 2 minutes of fairly hard repeating this until I had done a total of 18 minutes next it was downstairs to the bigger gym.....lots more people in there.

he got me to climb onto a cycle machine bt he had to lower the seat as it was far to high for my short legs. again that flippin sheet of varying hardness. Now its five mintes of quite hard followed by 5 minutes of 20 seconds hard 10 easy 20 hard 10 easy. By now I could feel the drips sliding down the side of my face. He said I must be working hard as I wasn't chatting very much anymore. next he led me back upstairs only I didn't notice that there was a step down before the stairs. I stepped down further than I expected and almost fell over but managed to keep on my unsteady feet. back in the small gym there was no one else there. floor excercises next.

oh he is so evil.
he had me lying on my back feet a few inches apart. buttocks clenched hips raised keep clenching and hold steady.....this was hard for me then I couldn't believe he even expected me to lift one leg and hold it out straight and hold for 10 seconds. flip that I could barely hold my position with both feet on the floor. Ouch this really hurt.....but give him his due he got me to do it and hen repeat 3 times on each leg.....it actually got easier each time.
but the next excercise was a cinch.......lying on my back feet inches apart hips raised buttocks clenched hold for count of 10 then slowly down repeat 10 times......I didn't tell him this was very similar to something I practice a lot but not usually on my own ;-)

next he had me on all fours (now now ) but then going down onto my elbows and moving my knees back and my hips forward so that I was just inches from the floor, well with my stomach it was almost on the floor. drawing my stomach muscles into my spine hold position to count of 20 and repeat 10 times. once was enough!!!

as if he hadn't done enough it was now lie on your side knees stacked feet stacked lift hips off ground and hold position.....hes mad...how in hell does he expect me to lift my bulk off the floor without using my arms to push up. but I managed it and repeated 3 times on each side or was it 5 times on each side. now I cant remember what eveil he had for me next.

perhaps it was the ball. the purple one was too big for me I couldn't sit on it with my feet flat on the floor so I have to remember its the green ball for me. he wants me to do crunchies oh good but is chocolate a good idea.....no not crunchies, crunches. right sit straight and let feet walk forward as my body moves down the ball then hands on temple.......is this so I can check pulse? move ribcage towards hips...what the fuck does he mean ? ah right sit ups folding inthe middle I get it now.......the more I do the better I get at it yippeee I did it right eventually. next he wants me to lay across the ball face down.....does he realise how much of me there is in the front.
ok so I have my feet against the wall and I'm in position now I have to lift my torso up but keep my chin tucked in. I was doing well until I was reminded about my chin.

we finish off with another excercise with me sitting on the green ball but holding another smaller heavier ball above one shoulder briging it down at an angle to the side of my other knee as though chopping wood. Boy did that ball get heavier by the time we were finished. oh an while we were working who should come in but the eye candy from the other day, they spoke to each other about a social event they had been too. Apparently eye candy is also a member of staff at the gym so I shall probably see more of him.

anyway my PT was so evil he twisted my arm until I submitted to his request he takes me through this all over again next monday!! he is going to think up some more evil to torture me with and next week i get diagrams too!!!

I can't wait lol

12 comments:

SIMON said...

So you are becoming a slave after all!!
Love your descriptions and the (correct) assumption that we are all in the Gutter!

George said...

Good for you LiR .. and that you survived. The more you do the harder it will be for you to quit

Casdok said...

I am impressed!!
Is your PT good looking?!

Freddy said...

Sounds like a proper workout! Good for you lady. Remember, if it isn't hurting.....
and think of the benefits of being more flexible, stronger, haveing more stamina....

Vi said...

ooo I bet you are sore today!

toby said...

Sounds like you're one step machine from heaven! Lol!

Fire Byrd said...

you are some deranged woman!!
gym ...ugh, total torture.
But just think how fab you'll look for the Christmas party!!
pxx

Sage said...

Ugh, I can relate, Lady. I feel like it is like torture going to the trainer, and yet then I feel so much better the next day, and so I keep on going. I am happy for you that you are doing this!

Joanna Cake said...

Trust me, it's not today that you will ache, but tomorrow mwhahahaha :)

JsTzznU said...

Yup, you will a the long run, it will be all worth it =) and heck, just think of all the new positions you've learned!

katy said...

my fingers get the most excercise these days, no behave i mean from typing!

Lady in red said...

actually as hard work as it was I did enjoy my session. The test will be when I get there today if I can be just as hard on myself on my own.
her indoors I didn't think for one minute you meant anything else lol