Monday 25 June 2007

good news or bad

Today I got the call I have been waiting for
I have to got to hospital tomorrow for urgent ultra sound scan. the appointment is for 2pm I am to have a full bladder (need to drink 2 pints of non fizzy between 1pm and 2pm). I am sure you ladies remember what that is like when you are pregnant. In the past I have drunk the required amount only to find that I can't hold on without peeing myself so rush to the loo then have to start all over again. Only the last time about 3 years ago they then decided they needed to do an internal scan so had to empty my badder.........all that water wasted!!
But worse than that I have to fast from 8am. After weeks of not eating much I am just getting to the stage of eating properly and now I have to stop. You can bet I will be starving by the time I get out of the hospital. My mum was going to go with me to the scan which would have been good in case I didn't feel up to driving after. But I have given her a more important job to do, I have asked her to collect #4 from school as I doubt I will get there in time.

I am glad that I don't have to wait weeks for this scan. It has all been very quick seeing that I only saw my Dr on thursday. He has phoned me everyday to see if I had heard from the hospital, both he and his senior partner who looked after me last time seem to be very keen to get this scan done ASAP. To me this means that they think this is very urgent. in my own mind I have already accepted that it is probably cancer. The way my body is behaving ie the appetite and lack of it and the sudden need to sleep are the same as before. I am pleased that my Dr is acting the way he is as that means that whatever the problem turns out to be I will get sorted sooner rather than later. It also occurred to me that if it is cancer I will have one less thing to worry about when all my body hair falls out.........no more shaving my armpits, legs or pussy for at least for a few months and no stubble either arent I lucky ;-)

my mum just rang me SF had called her, they had a civilized conversation about me. I told him at the weekend what was happening, whilst I don't think he has any right to know what I am doing he is the boys' father so I figured he needed to know in case the worst happens. She ended up telling me that I would have the shock of my life if the scan shows I am pregnant. Too right I would be shocked so would she as it would have to be an alien. There is no way I can be pregnant unless of course it is the immaculate conception but then I already had one of those 20 yrs ago. Until #2 was born SF was convinced that #1 was not his (the prat!!).

10 comments:

Bittersweet said...

thinking of you xx
love the bit about body hair!

Ordinary Girl said...

So sorry to hear you going through a bit of a rough time Lady. Will keep my fingers crossed for you, and a bottle of Immac spare, just in case!

Chris said...

I'm glad the doctor is taking good care of you. Good luck, my dear! Good luck.

Sage said...

I am thinking good thoughts for you that the news from the doctor will be good.

Hazel said...

Thank goodness your Dr is acting swiftly and getting the wheels in motion to sort things out. Good luck!

tommy said...

I haven't commented on your blog before but I hope everything works out ok in the long run.

Anonymous said...

I hope it all works out - and that you don't lose your hair, and aren't pregnant, too :) And God, yes, some men are stupid!

Fire Byrd said...

Thinking of you.

Phone me if you want.I'm good at listening when i'm not talking!

(((((lady))))
px

Lady in red said...

thank you all

and hello to Tommy

I had my scan and have appointment with Dr on thursday afternoon for results

Anonymous said...

I have my fingers and my toes crossed for you, Lady. By now, you will have had your appointment...