Wednesday 27 June 2007

Memememe 7 random facts

I have been tagged by my good friend The Man to write 7 random facts about myself

1. when I was 20 I joined the Territorial Army just so that I could get the chance to go over one of their assualt courses. I only stayed for about 6 months. I resigned when I realised that women only get anywhere by becoming an officer's ground sheet.

2. when I was pregnant with #1 he kicked a lot and everyone said he would be a footballer. With each boy that I produced people said I was trying for my own football team. Little did anyone know that for a few years I would run a youth football club, so I didn't just have one football team but 6. (now I can't bear to watch football).

3.At senior school I was called toffee nose. Not because I was snooty but because I spoke better than many of the children at my local secondary modern. (I was the first child in my family not to go to boarding school, my grandmother gave elocution lessons in her spare time).

4. growing up I was terrified of both dogs and horses. My first part time job when I was 15 was as a kennel maid. I am still wary of dogs I don't know, but I am no longer scared enough to cross the road when I see a dog. I preferred the big dogs to the yappy little ones.

5. I was an early developer. My bust started to develope when I was just 9. By the time I was 15 I was a hefty 36c which is not good when you are very shy and stick thin with great mellons stuck on the front of you. By the time I was 22 I was on the NHS waiting list to get my bust reduced. 8yrs later I reached the front of the queue. But I was breast feeding a week old baby #3 by then so declined the invitation for surgery. Now I have learnt to appreciate my bust....I often say that I have become attached to it.

6. I am partially deaf. as a child I always said I couldn't hear properly but no one took any notice. It was not until I became a mother that I was taken seriously. My hearing was measured but it was decided I wouldnt benefit from surgery. By the time #4 was born my hearing had got worse. Instead of telling everyone to be quiet because of the baby I had a notice on the door to knock loudly or I wouldnt hear it. I now have a hearing aid, but in the last few years have not worn it as it makes it worse. I have been waiting 5 months for my hearing to be reassessed. At one clinic I missed my appointment because the nurse was stood behind me calling my name and I didnt hear her.

7. I love to drive fast with the windows open so I can feel the breeze in my hair (I carry a hair brush in my bag). I hate such things as hair spray, gel, mousse,clay and any other hair products. I prefer the feel of fresh clean hair. I don't want to run my fingers through hair (mine or someone else's) and get my fingers stuck. I hate the feel of sticky hair. there are many hair products in my bathroom but none are mine other than shampoo and conditioner.


I shal now tag Pixie, Warrior, Lonely Gal, Innocent, and OG, Sage and lastly Tommy

7 comments:

Ordinary Girl said...

Apologies, apologies my bloggy buddy, but desperate times call for desperate measures...

As such, I am now officially pimping my blog to remain in the Big Blogger house.

So please, please, please, head over here...

http://timtim.typepad.com/bigblogger2007/

And vote for me to stay!! xx

(Oh, and get all your bloggy/email/real life/internet friends to vote for me too! Believe me, I need it!)

S said...

hmmm I will have to go do that now:)

Anonymous said...

Nice job on these, LiR. You are an interesting woman. :)

b.kiddo said...

scared of dogs- eh...
you are funny. I haven't read your blog so starting with these 7 makes me wat to read more!

Vi said...

If I drove with the windows down I'd look like a mad woman with my wild hair! (Don't do brushing with my curls!)

Fire Byrd said...

Done it. being tagged and tagged others... next challenge

Hope party was good!
px

Ordinary Girl said...

Will try my best to come up with these. Though not sure there's even 1 interesting thing about me :-)