Saturday 23 June 2007

Tibble

I no longer have a heap of red junk to drive.
I swapped it along with some of my mothers money for this (well one the same)
my mother has already named it (Tibble) !!


now I no longer have to worry about whether I will be arriving
now I have no need to worry about parking
I have a car that has power assisted steering once more
I did however have a couple of suprises when clearing out my old car
in the glove compartment a bottle of beer and in the driver's side pocket
not just one but two (unopened thank heavens) condoms.
my eldest son had been driving my car for 3 months before he bought his own car
today we were discussing the things he will need when he moves out next week.
we were talking kettles, irons, cutlery and crockery. But I bet he hasn't realised he will have to buy his own toothpaste, shower gel etc.
he has already offered to have his brothers stay for a few days while I have a clear out here.

4 comments:

S said...

looks like a nice car! congrats :)

Bittersweet said...

it must be hard ... seeing them grow up, move on ...

Fire Byrd said...

Such a bitter sweet time when they start leaving home. I know i wanted my eldest son to be happy and he on the whole is. but when he's not i so want to get in the car and go make him better like when he was little and a kiss would do.

It will take you time to adjust and grieve for him not being there.

so make some you time plans. You'll need them

Hugs
px

Vi said...

Yay on the car! Make sure you make the most of it when he has his brothers staying with him!