Sunday 26 August 2007

I am a people pleaser me

confrontation

I don't deal with things by confrontation unless there is no other way. It just isn't in my nature to be confrontational. If I don't like something I will generally find a way to let my feelings be known without confronting the person concerned. I am sure most people will agree that I am a nice person, I always do what I can to be nice to people I am by nature a people pleaser. I am constantly checking that my friends and family are ok that there is nothing wrong and if there is then I will try to make them happier whether that is by doing something practical or just by cheering them up a little. I like to put a smile on the face of others.

sometimes i see or hear something which i think is wrong. if i see something which could be hurtful to others or even the person doing it I have to say something. sometimes I will do this directly either in public or in private. Other times I make my feelings known to the ether and if that person takes notice then that can only be a good thing.

I think of my virtual relationship with other bloggers much like my kids. I love them but don't always agree with what they do but that doesn't stop me from loving or caring about them. I don't go for blog love ins. If I admire a certain blogger it is for the person I perceive them to be and what they write. I read a range of blogs some I share with others that I read, there are also others that no one else i know reads. On all these blogs if I read a post that I feel I can contribute to or have anything at all to say then I will whether my comment is positive or negative. there are also times when I read something that I just have nothing to say. I don't go for back slapping just for the sake of it.

I don't understand people who write blogs but only accept comments from people who agree with them. There have been times, not often but there have been comments which I have found hurtful or simply just don't agree with me. I would never consider deleting these comments or banning the author. Everyone has a right to their own point of view. Just as I have a right to say whatever I like on my own blog if others don't like it thats their problem.

Just as in my real life I can't please everyone all the time. sometimes I do or say something that doesn't go down well. I hate it when I have a row, even when I know I am right it still causes me stress and gives me headaches. My ex b/f currently feels that I have ruined his relationship with his latest g/f. I hate that he feels this way but I dont feel any guilt or blame. It is his fault that this has happened. He tried to wind me up pretendidng that he was single again and asked me to get back with him. Then the last time we spoke he said they had never split up, when I accused him of playing games and he was either lying then or now he didnt like it. denied that he had asked me to get back with him. his g/f now has doubts in her mind and its all my fault for saying this to him in front of her. how can it be my fault it was him who asked me to get back with him. If he wasn't still playing games he wouldnt have got caught out and they would still be ok. the only reason I still talk to him from time to time is that I have this ingrained belief that it is rude not to answer when spoken to. But I am learning that I don't have to answer to everyone all the time. I have now blocked him from seeing when I am online. If he ever reads this (I dont know if he still does) I hope you managed to put things right with your g/f but more than that I hope you learnt your lesson. It is and never has been a good idea to wind up other women you have been involved with either in front of your current g/f or behind her back. You should know by now that you will never get the better of me you just are not clever enough.

5 comments:

Southern Swinger said...

Sounds like you are learning you can not be responsible for how other people choose to behave and feel.

Anonymous said...

I have to say I agree with you about comments. That's why I don't moderate mine, and why I have only ever deleted one... when I felt that the comment was unkind to a third party (not me). Possibly, if I was personally attacked (not just disagreed with), I might also delete, but that hasn't happened. I like the fact that people are so respectful of each other... but they don't have to agree with me, certainly. To this point, I have found comments on my blog and on most others, like yours, to be delightful.

Lady in red said...

mr & Mrs SW yes I am learning that I can't take responsibility for how others behave or feel. I guess it is the mother instinct in me that has always wanted to make everything alright for everyone. I was the same even as a child always tried to protect my younger brothers. I remember my dad telling me that I had to let them make their own mistakes I can't always be there for them.

La Fille yes that is why I don't moderate my comments. There is no point in moderation as I will allow all comments. I had one particularly rude comment once which I left as it is. I didn't dignify it with a reply but other commenters answered on my behalf which I found very touching.

George said...

I will never moderate my comments. I look at it this way ... I am writing in a public forum. Being such, everybody who reads it should be able to comment whether positively or negatively. If they don't agree that is their business and theirs alone. If the agree or enjoy what I have posted, so much the better.

I have deleted several spam comments but that is all.

The people I find annoying, whether it be in blogland or in real life are those that say ... you made me do this, you made him dump me ... etc. You cannot blame anybody for "making" upi do anything ... people have to take responsibility for their actions, their personalities and their lives.

Fire Byrd said...

I agree with George, I won't moderate my comments.... and it has cost me already!
And I won't censor what anyone says and have only deleted one bloggers comments as it was hurtful to a someone I care about.

Sounds as if you are starting to get in a better place for yourself about the ex.
pxx