Saturday 11 August 2007

male harem

Is there a word that equals harem when attached to men as opposed to women?

I have just been chatting to Thomas formally known as my knight. we were discussing the men in my life. I described them as the male equivalent to a harem. In the past I have talked of my stable of men.

I had thought that sometimes men runaway from me. they enjoy being with me but suddenly bolt like frightened cats. This I put down to them not really liking me as much as they could. But I am beginning to realise now that I was wrong. They run because they do like me. It isn't me that frightens them but their own feelings towards me. Thomas has just promised that he wont do it again. He hadn't realised that I had noticed that was what he had done.

which best describes what I have harem or stable or is there a better way to collectively describe my men.

14 comments:

David said...

Selamlik ...

Lady in red said...

man It is unlike you to use so many words ;-p

Anonymous said...

I vote for stable... a bunch of expensive, arrogant, smelly animals, but beautiful, free-spirited, and sometimes the true thoroughbreds are rather skittish.

Joanna Cake said...

^^^^^
Wot she said and lucky is the girl who gets to exercise them all :)

Anonymous said...

Stud stable...you got a man liking that one too.

Lady in red said...

hello silent male welcome to my world

David said...

Stable, La Fille? Nay, Nay, and thrice Nay ...

toby said...

How about "creche"? Or "pride", as in lions? Ooh, how about "battalion"?!

Depends on the type of men they are, I suppose, and how many.

Bittersweet said...

lmao at creche. So true ...

Lady in red said...

i love that thanx toby i now have a creche. that just about fits especially when they throw their toys out the pram.

DJ Kirkby said...

I like Toby's suggestion of a 'creche' lol... he'll go far that boy!

Ronjazz said...

Honey, I responded to this in another blog for you...Somehow, I like the word "corral"...as in horses ready for stud. It's fun, it's right, and it's unique.

And it's yours.

Old Fox said...

This is so hot. Where do you find the time?

How about "team," like a team of stallions pulling your coach, and every night when the supper is done, you get to pick one out like Catherine the Great?

A salacious OldFox

Lady in red said...

welcome Old fox to my humble blog home. I am quite sure that in a previous life I probably would have done just that. it is good that you were able to recognise the empress that I am ;-)