Friday 31 August 2007

social evening

I belong to several dating sites but not really paid much attention to any of them for ages. why would I as I have plenty of lovely men in my creche already. But over recent months a number of friends have recomended a site I had not heard of before. One of my RL friends met her boyfriend through the site last year. I joined a few months ago but wasn't impressed. I chatted to a few men they were either weird or just wanted to discuss my bust size. Now I didn't join this particular site for sexual reasons so I was not going to get into sexual talk too early on. I didn't visit the site much for a few months. But in recent weeks as I have had little to occupy my mind I have been more of a presence on the site. This particular site has various social events where singles can meet up. Last night was a pub meet in the neighbouring city. I decided to go along. By yesterday there were 55 people signed up for the evening. I have been chatting to one man (biker) every day for a week or so he was going to be there so I knew there would be at least one friendly person there. Before I set out I noticed that a new person had viewed my profile and I
recognised the picture but not the name, checked out the profile and knew who it was. Chip, who I had met for a drink earlier this summer. He was also going to the same evening.

Eventually I find my way to the pub, I am greeted at the door by the organiser who issues me with a name sticker and introduced me to another woman who has been to a few events now. we went inside while the smokers stayed outside. A few more new people arrived and we all sat together chatting and drinking (I was very good and stuck to fruit juice all evening). we were having a good chat and a laugh. One guy told me that my photos on the site don't do me justice. I had been worrying before I arrived that everyone would look so much better than me but I soon realised this was not the case. I saw chip but we didn't speak only to say 'hello' in passing he was with a very serious looking woman. I met biker who seems very nice. we have exchanged more messages since and just had a chat on IM for the first time. He is organising a motorbike trip 40 miles down the coast on tuesday evening. I am not sure if I want to go or not. I do want to ride pillion again as it has been 20+ years since the last time. But not sure about going so far on a first ride especially as it is an evening and I have work next day. My kids don't want me to go but have voted 2 v 3 that I should go to the adults only evening at the play house which is full of slides and ball pits etc. other events that I can go to are a quiz night and also the group's first speed dating event. so thats the next few weeks taken care of.

Oh and as I got into my car to go home the radio was playing my theme tune........ Lady in red ....so of course I opened the window and turned the volume up as I drove out of the car park.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That sounds like an awesome social evening. You are a popular lady.

George said...

Good for you ... I have been to a couple of these events and have always thought that the person I meet physically very seldom looks like their pic, not how they described themselves, nor had the interests they said were interests

C'est la vie

Joanna Cake said...

Just watch out at the play house. You know how easy it is to get stuck in some of those slides! And then you get someone coming down on top of you...

Fire Byrd said...

Love the idea of the play house... just make sure no one pulls your pigtails!
px