Friday 18 May 2007

A little anger can be good

Yesterday morning I was full of anger
Yesterday I spoke to my son’s girlfriend
Last night he produced the payslips I needed,
Last night after they had spoken they have offered me the money they were saving for a trip to New York to pay the council Tax bill.
Last night he explained that when he had declined to do me a simple favour last week saying ‘I don’t want to’. It had been because he wasn’t feeling well but didn’t want to say.
All is harmony between us again for the moment.

Yesterday I told my friend ‘I am giving up sex’.
Yesterday I closed down my profile on AFF (adult friend finder).
Yesterday I explained to Lotto that I am no longer interested in NSA which is all he is interested in currently. He is about 6 months behind me in the road to recovery from ending of long term relationship. He is fine with that and says he still wants to be my friend and does a good Tricia if I need a shoulder.
Last night I told my friend what I had done…..he now realises I was serious.

Yesterday I got some important paperwork sorted out.
Yesterday I managed to get to my bank and change a couple of things on my account, I also discovered that I can use my old PIN with my new bank card.
Yesterday I spent an hour in the Council Offices sorting out my Housing Benefit.
I felt so much better and more in control once this was done.

Yesterday I went to the senior school and watched #3 son play drums as part of the year 10 musical performance. Part of their work towards GCSE next year.
Yesterday I cooked dinner for my kids. No big deal but it was the first time in nearly 2 weeks. I had to go to bed exhausted afterwards but it felt good knowing I am on the mend.

3 comments:

Vi said...

Glad to hear things are looking up for you mate!

Ordinary Girl said...

It's so difficult to be bothered to do things, and sort things out when you're low, but it's amazing how much it makes you feel better to have achieved something when you do.

Glad it seems to be going a bit better for you. Well done.

funny sparky said...

Sometimes we have to draw a line underneath and begin again, sounds like what you're doing and its working, good on you...X