Sunday 1 July 2007

party

The party was good.

It was my new boss's 50th and she kindly invited me along even though I have only worked there for 2 weeks. I was going with my friend (posh bird) she has been my friend and neighbour for 10 years. She begged me to take this job. she is the accounts manager. I persuaded my son to drive us there and collect us afterwards.

I don't drink often but decided to stick to white wine all evening. I chatted to some of the people from work who I don't get to chat to much. lost count of how many glasses of wine were bought for me I was enjoying myself. until about 11.30 when I went to the ladies and threw up.

I collected my coat and bag took myelf outside to sit on a bench in the rain. phoned son to come get us. felt sick again so went to stand on the grass got my foot stuck in a huge puddle lost my shoe Posh bird was laughing her head off watching me. By the time #1 had arrived I was walking and carrying shoes. I think its the first time hes seen me drunk.

when we got home I had a shock. Ran to bathroom still barefoot only to discover the floor was flooded and toilet blocked!!! So I had to deal with that while still feeling sick.

woke up this morning feeling fine just a slight headache

6 comments:

Vi said...

hehe. Happens to the best of us!

DeepItalianEyes said...

Well its not all that bad, maybe your drunkenness will have a sobering effect on your son. You can pass it on to him that, that is what a drunk person looks like. EIther way, you met new people you worked with. Ciao til later... and thanks for commenting on my blog.

Fire Byrd said...

Now let that be a lesson for you!!! Said the wise woman who drank a whole bottle on thursday!!
px

Lady in red said...

deep I am afraid my son doesn't need to look at me for an example of drunkeness. he grew up with an alcoholic father.

Pixie good for you :-)

Anonymous said...

I know I shouldn't have, but I giggled at this post :)

Lady in red said...

Z I am glad you giggled it was intended to be funny