Saturday 7 July 2007

what a difference the sun makes

I woke up feeling fine today
Dropped off #4 son at his school where he was due to be working on a stall at his school fair. I can’t believe that in 2 weeks time he will be leaving the junior school. I have been taking my children to that infants/junior school for 14 years. Soon I will have no reason to return there. I asked the head teacher if she has a direct line to the weather. It has rained for 2 months but they managed to have sports day with no rain then today the summer fair was held in lovely sunshine.

I drove to my mum’s and parked my car there while I walked into town to go to the bank. It is not far to walk but it is the first time I have done so in two months. I have not felt that I had enough energy. The anti biotics I have been on seem to have done the trick. I am no longer in pain and feel much more myself other than the sudden sleepiness which comes over me. (each day when I get home from work I have to sleep for a couple of hours). Whilst I felt weary from my walk I felt good, it was nice to be out in the sunshine doing things I would not normally have given a second thought to. On my return I stopped with mother for a cup of tea and chat. She was feeling happier today seeing the sun, she has felt depressed with all the rain and not being able to get out much. Suddenly today she feels she is making progress with her knee (she was walking without crutches or a stick).

I then went shopping for groceries, it was amazing that roads which are always busy were not today neither was the supermarket. I don’t think I have seen the car park so empty on a Saturday. I came home with the intention of phoning orange to sort out the wireless internet, but as the boys are watching a movie on the tv it is not quiet enough so will leave it until tomorrow when they are out.

The sun has been shining all day and I feel alive and able to do things I couldn’t even contemplate for the last couple of months. Apparently summer is going to last for another 24 hours so I had best make the most of it and get stuff done while I still can, before the rain returns.

3 comments:

Sage said...

The sunshine can work magic sometimes, I think. I am glad that you are having a nice day. :-)

Vi said...

Good to hear you so chipper! Yep, I'm on my way out to make the most of the 'summer' lol.

Anonymous said...

Oh... sounds like a lovely day. Glad you're feeling better.