Sunday 29 April 2007

Dilemma

I have an online friend .....well I have lots of online friends (mostly men)but this particular one, we chat lots on msn, text and by phone. (that narrows it down to a dozen or so) There has never been anything between us other than friendship, never any mention that this could or would be anything other than a platonic friendship. we talk about a variety of subjects, although mostly linked to our sexual relationships with others. We give each other advice. I am not saying that I have never thought about maybe this could be more. But as far as I was concerned it was a no go, we both have rules about who we will date and for both of us these rules, rule that this won't happen.

tonight we were chatting when out of the blue

so...I was thinking
fancy a fuck?

lol

I'm such a smooth operator

lol I'm suprised

you are so not!

I though I was 'safe'

listen, love, no woman is safe when I am around

to you not the other way around

we chatted about various scenarios but I have not answered the question

my dilemma is that although we are not local the distance is not great so it is a distinct possibility. We were going to meet anyway as he has some books he was going to lend me. If I agree to take this step will it spoil the friendship we have now. As a friend I care about him, would this become the first layer of an emotional involvement that neither of us would want. As friends could we just fuck without the friendship getting in the way. Could we just fuck without it later getting in the way of our friendship.

I would be lying if I said I wasn't tempted but would it be worth risking our friendship for. I know I am being negative which is unlike me and I should be considering that it could make our friendship stronger. At the moment I am about 50/50 I really dont know how to react.
maybe I shall see it more clearly in the morning. It is not often I am this indecisive about whether to accept a fuck .....its normally either yes or no.

5 comments:

Vi said...

Totally up to you what you do. It may lead to something more serious, you never know.

Lady in red said...

thats the problem it can't.

Bittersweet said...

lol

go on, it might fun!!!!

Ordinary Girl said...

If you're doubting it then I would say stay away Lady. We don't trust our gut instincts enough these days, but yours seems to be telling you to leave this one be. For a while at least

David said...

What a delicious dilemma. And yes, it might be fun. Sounds like you have some talking to do first, though - it's not as if he doesn't know what you're like, after all.

Does he know about this blog?