Friday 14 September 2007

2 little ducks

there are two of them and they are special to me although they are not mine and were only in my possession for a few hours. why are they special to me? They are the reason I met Forest.

I may have mentioned before that my grandad lives in a care home very near to where Forest lives. I had taken my mother to visit her dad when we stopped at a local garden centre for lunch. Mother saw some blue ducks that she liked. I thought I would get her one for her birthday. But didn't want to buy it while she was with me. I asked forest if he would buy these for me and I would meet him for lunch. He works in one of the cities not far from where I live. We met, we chatted, we kissed, we exchanged ducks for money. that evening I gave my mother her late birthday present. from that day until this those two ducks have sat beside her kitchen sink. but today they ventured out to the garden where they belong. One stopped beside the gargoyle fountain outside the patio,
but the other got as far as the bird bath at the far end of the garden.
photos to follow....having a little technical trouble right now grrrrr

4 comments:

Percy said...

Ducks...

cool

grandmothers are important in life, cherish yours.

I still have one alive, she will be 97 in November....

Important...

Lady in red said...

my grandad is 93 I also have a grandmother still alive who is 89 and still living independantly and driving!!

DJ Kirkby said...

Still waiting for the pics...we like ducks.

Lady in red said...

my computer has suddenly decided it doesn't like my phone or maybe it is my phone that doesn't like my computer

I took the pictures on my phone