Sunday 30 September 2007

forest

whilst I was chatting online to a couple of bloggers this evening I noticed that Forest signed in. I didn't feel that missed heart beat that I used to feel when I saw his name pop up. I didn't feel anything more than a slight curiousity as to whether he would say anything. I wasn't going to say anything first but if he had I would have been polite. I'm not sure how long he was online maybe 20 minutes, I wonder if he was talking to someone else or was he seeing if I would chat. I hadn't been online for long when he had appeared. we have not had any contact since a few days after everything blew up in my face.
Yes charlie in a way you are right I did wrap up my heart and send it to him. I am a very giving person and I wanted to give him my heart so i did. this is not something I do lightly nor do I give my heart away so readily to every man I meet. maybe I shouldn't say that he stole my heart more that he captured it. He laid out the bait and I took it hook line and sinker only he didnt want to keep me he just wanted the fun of reeling me in then tossing me back in until the next time he wanted some sport.
So for the first time in almost 2 weeks I saw his name pop up on my screen and it had very little effect on me. no sharp intake of breath, no missed heart beat, no raise in temperature, no rush to say hi, just carried on chatting to my friends didn't even see when he signed out.

update

this morning Forest was online when I logged on. he began chatting to me. It was fine we chatted like we used to when we were friends.

11 comments:

Percy said...

well... growth, emotional growth...

very difficult I still feel...

just breath through it... really, just breath....

Vi said...

Good news. Sounds you are still a little bitter about it all, but you are slowly getting over it hun. One day you'll wonder what you ever saw in him!

Casdok said...

Progress indeed!

Joanna Cake said...

Men!!!! Grrrrr

DJ Kirkby said...

I agree with Casdok. Well done!

Fire Byrd said...

you just go carefuly here....
chatting like friends, and where will that go??
Are your heart and head saying the same thing after speaking to him?
pxx

Lady in red said...

pixie don't worry....... he has burnt his boat I don't want him back

it was nice to know we can chat like we used to, no recriminations just chatting about mundane things.....no stomach flips just nice and calm :-)

JsTzznU said...

Sounds like you have spit out that hook & sinker!! Good for you. Your even a bigger person for being cool with staying friends =)

SIMON said...

Staying friends without showing any bitterness is so difficult. It's good you are cool with it!

Dark Side said...

Aw Red I am pleased you can be friends again, I have too many bridges to repair at this moment in time for that..xx

Lady in red said...

when I was seeing him I missed the friendship that we had had before we met.

I even said at one point that I wished we hadn't met but just stayed friends.

Its sad that sometimes sex can get in the way of friendship and I was always worried that it would ruin the friendship we had.