Saturday 15 September 2007

Near Miss

Phew!!! for the last 20 minutes I have been worried.

For the past 2 weeks I have been exchanging emails via the dating site with a man who seems to be very nice. He is a little older than me but his photo is very nice. He is single and works in the media field.
we have discussed many things from books to spiders to ice palaces.
He lives a fair distance from me, but not so far that meeting is out of the question.

As I am sure you know by now I am going to a pub quiz tonight which has been organised through the dating site. A while ago I found an email from this man saying he is tempted to go to the quiz. I have given him the address of the pub and offered him my mobile number in case he gets lost.

He has just replied that he wont come to the quiz tonight as he is committed to playing golf in the morning and will need an early night but thinks it would be good to meet up sometime.

you probably wonder why I was worried about him going to the quiz. I think I would like him although I don't know what he would make of me. My problem is that I don't even know why I am in contact with him. I feel very half hearted about it all. I do know why, I am sort of looking for someone to be in my life insead of Forest, but I am only half hearted because I really want Forest to come through for me. I don't want to go all out looking for someone new, because I don't really want someone new. I feel as though I am on the site under false pretenses, but really I am not, as you can use the site to look for friends. Although I am not really looking for someone right now I sort of feel that am doing this as a safety net in case it doesn't work out with forest.

2 comments:

DJ Kirkby said...

Nothing wrong with saftey nets, esp ones that come with flattery and hugs on demand etc!

Lady in red said...

hugs on demand would be difficult with a distance of 80 miles :-(