Friday 7 September 2007

playing at being big kids

It's friday and tonight I'm going to be out playing like a big kid. Bumped into a friend in asda thursday evening she is also a member of the same dating site, so shes arranged a baby sitter and shes coming with me. We are going to share a taxi so that means that when we are finished here we can join some of the others at pub where there is a band playing and a late licence until 1am. If I avoid the white wine I should be ok (fingers crossed). It's nice to know that when I told Forest what I will be upto unlike my kids who were worried I would break the slides Forest was n more concerned that I might break me. If I do it will be a good excuse for some of his TLC ;-)

Everyone is worrying about the red slide But when I have taken my kids there in the past I think the blue one is worse not that I have been on any of them.



Update

got home at 3am from a great night out.
Playzone was heaving with big kids of all ages from around 18 to mid 50s I would guess. my friend Petra and I had loads of goes on the gentler slide that you go down on mats. we also explored the other parts of the play areas those rope bridges are bloody painful on the feet! but otherwise it was fun. another woman we had been chatting to persuaded us to go on the blue slide all three of us together. eventually we managed to find our way to the top. we all sat on the ledge but when it came to it I just couldn't go down. It wasn't so much that I was afraid of the slide but I just couldn't push myself over the edge. I think maybe if i had been drinking or it was later in the evening or someone gave me a bit of a push I could have done it. Anyway it was all good sweaty fun. the music was too loud though so we headed off to the pub a bit earlier than planned (10pm).

the pub was very busy there was a band playing. they did a variety of numbers including, "I predict a riot" and "American Idiot". the queue for drinks was so bad that we were getting two drinks at a time. There were as many people sat outside the pub as inside due to the new smoking rules. We were amazed at the range of people there from the young to the old, rocker to punks. It is essentially a bikers pub I discovered. as the hours passed some people drifted away until in the end there were just five of us left. 3 women and 2 men. Of course the chat turned to the obvious subject off sex. this was quite a lively conversation with all of us having very different views and experiences. The pub shut at 1am but we didn't leave until 2.30am. It was the first social event Petra had been to with the site although shes been on the site for a couple of years but she enjoyed it and will come with me to the speed dating evening.

9 comments:

Percy said...

avoid 'white wine'
why?

does wine loosen your libido?

hhmmm
I think you need a glass or 3!

have fun anyway!

George said...

A late license until 1AM. Where I come from, people are just starting to arrive at 1AM. Although I no longer live there, I still consider Montreal my home ... normal closing time there is 3AM and a late license will keep door open until 5AM

Vi said...

So they actually have a night for adults to play on this thing?

AWESOME!!!!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like much fun... especially the slides. I bet you could get up to much mischief on them. ;)

DJ Kirkby said...

*Ahem*...when you said SE I didnt assume for one minute you meant Pompy until I clicked on the Play Zone link! Which pub did you go to?

Lady in red said...

are you in this area then? admiral drake

DJ Kirkby said...

Yes. thought it had to be the AD. You ever been to the Hot Air Balloon? Not that I hang out in biker pubs..or any pubs for that matter!

Lady in red said...

I dont often do pubs that was my ex's domain (alchy). but it was fun. I cant believe you are so close
email me on ladyinred62@hotmail.co.uk

Complex Girl said...

Oh really glad you had such a fun time Lady! Hope the next few events live up to this night out!