Wednesday 12 September 2007

Beyond a joke

Back in May I found that money had been taken from my bank account fraudulently. the bank credited the money back to my account. then a month later I discovered that I had less money in my account than I should have. I found out that the bank had debited the amount they had credited a month earlier because they never received the form I had returned weeks earlier. I can still visualise myself putting the envelope in the post box for heavens sake. they said they can't re credit the money until they receive the completed forms which they would send out to me again. A week later no forms so I phoned the bank again. A week later still no forms so this time I made a formal complaint to the bank. How can I send a completed form if I never
recieve it from them. finally at the end of august I get a letter apologising for my situation and as soon as I complete the enclosed forms I can have my money back although it will still take 10 working days. I complete the forms at go to my branch so they can fax the forms to the relevant office to make sure it gets there quicker. Now 2 1/2 weeks later still no money!! I happened to be in town ( buying shorts for going to the gym) I decided to go into my bank. THe girl phones the lady who was dealing with my complaint. she has never received the faxed forms !!!!

WTF its was faxed from their own branch. so she faxes another form to the branch which we complete. But as I had gone into the bank unplanned I didnt have the relevant information with me. Their system does not go back as far as June to show what the amounts were. I had to go home find the information and phone the branch. so that they could fax it again!!

I can claim back the two amounts of charges that I have incurred whilst this money has been missing (2x£30 one for the pleasure of having my rent bounce) but not until after the money they owe me has been credited to my account.

4 comments:

Complex Girl said...

Bastards. That's my opinion.

Lady in red said...

short and to the point CG

DJ Kirkby said...

Ah how scary! Fingers crossed for you. Perhaps SF could give you some extra dosh this month? you'll pay him back of course...some century...

Fat Controller said...

And what rhymes with banker???